SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED? WEEK 2 OF 3.


I hope you enjoyed my first of three blogs on feeling better and more energetic. Welcome to week #2!
How did your week go? Was it easy, difficult? Are you AMAZED how much having electronics in bed and caffeine in your blood affects your rest?

With week two comes a bit more commitment. But I need to tell you my story as to why it is worth it. My guess is that if you are reading this you are probably a middle aged person with a busy life, lots of demands and may have given birth a time or seven. All of those things take a toll on your body!
But there is no reason why you can't still feel fantastic despite raising a family and holding down a job.

My week #2 piece of advice is to GET YOUR BLOODWORK DONE!!!

Oh my gosh, the amount of people I know who haven't had blood work in years blows my mind. It's easy, relatively cheap or often free.
My bloodwork changed my life...
My birthday is in December, so every January I start my year off with blood work. I have had routine blood work done about once a year for most of my adult life. It is just something my dad hammered into my head as a kid.
Two years ago I got a call from my doc to come in to discuss my lab results. When I went she asked how I had been feeling. My answer "pretty good I think", my real thoughts were "I'm dying, she is going to tell me I am dying!" Thankfully I wasn't dying, but... it turns out my Thyroid levels were WONKY, and truthfully I felt like crap. But my thyroid symptoms were unlike the typical ones. I was healthy and very active so the typical weight gain and fatigue of hypo-thyroidism were minimized due to my lifestyle. But I did have pretty major social anxiety, really bad restless leg syndrome, constipation and I was freezing year round, plus a slew of other issues. If it hadn't been for the blood work I wouldn't have gotten the heads up that something was wrong. (I was eventually diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis.) Finding the right doc and meds has absolutely changed my 40's and I am forever grateful to my P.A. at the hospital and routine blood work for identifying it early on.

Reluctant to get your bloodwork done? I know that this can be intimidating! You might worry that your doctor will tell you to lose weight, or eat better, or that you may find out something you didn't want to know. But you know what? Just do it, it is worth it. It's worth it to your spouse, your kids, your future grandkids, and even your friends and coworkers. So many age and lifestyle diseases are cured or minimized with early detection and bloodwork is a great place to start.

So this week I challenge you to make a date to get your blood work done. I will have a few more tips next week for week #3 on changes you can make in your every day habits to feel FANTASTIC and allow you to get the most out of each and every day.  Have a great week!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail order meals... we tried three and picked a favorite!

A story of how exercise can help improve depression:

How I got rid of my social media addiction without losing access to social media.