Myzone; learning the ropes.


I learned something today! I was headed out for a run to the gym with my MYZONE heart rate monitor chest strap and my Garmin 935 watch on. About 50 steps down the driveway my Garmin beeped, asking to sync with my myzone sensor. How exciting! And unexpected. I didn't realize that my Garmin would detect other brands of monitors.
So off I went to the gym all synced up and ready to go. I had a great workout, burned some serious calories AND got support from some of my other buddies on the app after it uploaded!

We recently added Myzone to the gym and I have been super stoked on how addicted people are becoming to their stats and their workouts. It's only been a week and I am incredibly happy how being able to track your progress and habits is proving to be a very effective way to keep people working out and getting excited about it!

You might be wondering what myzone is. Basically its a heart rate monitor chest strap. But the cool part is that we have TV monitors at the gym (3 in total) that show the wearers heart rate percentage while working out. People are wearing them in spin classes, strength and conditioning classes, and even on their own to track their workouts and hold themselves accountable. We have chest strap heart rate monitors at the gym for sale for $80 and we also have demo belts available for anyone to try out free of charge. Want to see it in action?

I have had heart monitors a few times over the years. But the game has really changed with social media and Bluetooth technology. As an athlete, a mom, and a middle aged woman, I am constantly amazed by how much this technology helps to keep me healthy and motivated to stay consistent throughout the year. It helps me push when I might be tired or feeling a bit lazy. It gives me something to look forward to knowing that others care about what I am doing and like seeing my workouts as much as I like seeing theirs. People ask me all the time how I stay motivated, and it is tools like this that make my fitness fun and rewarding.

So, if you are interested in trying out a belt for a class, personal training session or even just on your own at PURENERGY , ask the front desk or me and we can get you started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail order meals... we tried three and picked a favorite!

A story of how exercise can help improve depression:

How I got rid of my social media addiction without losing access to social media.