A great and not great time of year..

I love New Years, its the rebirth of our calendar and a time for people to set goals, reinvent themselves, and charge forward into new lives. But my head and my heart has been hurting this year due to our wonderful world of social networking. I had to go back to scripture to feel a little better about it and this is what I found. 

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. Matthew 7: 1-5

I think there is a big difference between passion and judgement, but sometimes as we get on our soapboxes and speak our passions to the world we forget the ones we offend and make feel bad because maybe they aren't into the same things.  

Passion is beautiful, judgement.... not so much. 


I find myself struggling with this as I feel a bit like a hypocrite for even posting on this. I know I have been found atop a soapbox more than a few times in my job.  But I have seen that sometimes people are just happy to have food on the table, and others would rather spend time with their family instead of working their muscles at the gym. 
Thanks, I feel better now. 
On a side note... its week 4 of the new year! Hope it is going wonderfully for all of you. Enjoy the gift of life and the journey it takes! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail order meals... we tried three and picked a favorite!

A story of how exercise can help improve depression:

How I got rid of my social media addiction without losing access to social media.