Searching for High Protein, Healthy, Whole Food and LOW Calorie recipes. Blueberry Power Waffles

I love to eat... alot. But I know my limits. I have searched for healthier options of real food that aren't frankenfood and don't blow my fat macros in one meal. Recently I ate the most delicious cookies that were vegan, organic and seriously DELICIOUS, only to find each cookie had nearly 250 calories, 60 grams of carbs, 37 grams of sugar and only 4 grams of protein. Yes they were delicious, but honestly I would rather eat Haagen Daaz.
I made these this morning with what I had in the pantry. Introducing Blueberry Power Waffles! They were great, crusty, fluffy and no wierdness involved! They passed the husband taste test with nothing on them. (He just had a bite because he had oatmeal and preferred to test the final product. He has been the subject of too many nastified recipes in the past.)

Here is the Recipe: (Makes 2 waffles)

1/4 Cup Body Fortress Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (See note below)
1 Whole Egg
1/4 Cup Fat Free Plain Yogurt (I like this better than Greek Yogurt for cooking, its milder and doesn't leave a tangy aftertaste.)
Mix this up in a bowl and add enough Silk Unsweetened Original Almond Milk to give it a waffle batter consistency.
Once mixed add 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries and you are are ready to go!
Nutrition Info: Per Waffle
163 Calories
17g Carbs
4g Fat
15g Protein
4 g of sugar
 I added a Tbs of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter to the top and it was delish!
(Note: Alot of recipes I have tried call for almond, oat, or coconut flour and they are all great. But they have a ton of fat and calories and often make recipes less appealing when I can't keep the calories down. This stuff is working great as a filler for baking recipes. I used it in place of quinoa flour in this recipe and often use it in conjunction with the other fatty flours in several other recipes. It is a combination of garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca, sorghum and fava bean flours. WARNING: this stuff has a pretty strong flavor much like pea protein powder. Thats a nice way of saying its nasty on it's own, so don't think this is your new version of bisquick because it aint that easy baby!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail order meals... we tried three and picked a favorite!

A story of how exercise can help improve depression:

How I got rid of my social media addiction without losing access to social media.